Our Mission Statement
The organization's name is derived from Psalm 126, verse 5:
"They that sow in TEARS shall reap in joy."
Mission of TEARS is established as a humanitarian outreach based on Christian principles and Biblical morals. It is our mandate to implement the five points of TEARS (Teaching, Educating, Advocating, Resourcing, Serving) both at home and abroad. Our goal is to establish long-term effectual projects or programs to enable the underprivileged from among the orphans, widow's, poor and oppressed people to help themselves.
To provide solutions to mans social and spiritual needs that guide our actions and deeds founded in God's love and based on God's Word.
- Founded in 1993 in Canada as a Registered Charity.
- Humanitarian Aid Program: Orphanages and transition homes have been developed through the organization of Mission of T.E.A.R.S. with partners in Jamaica, Russia, South Africa, Ethiopia, Haiti.
- The Humanitarian Aid and all Program' of the charity are based on the premise "if we cannot bring a child into a home setting, we will bring a home setting to a child."
- S.T.O.P. Project for orphans in transition (Safe Transition Orphan Project). To aid older orphans in the transition from an orphanage setting by equipping, training and providing transitional orphans with life skills, education, safe housing and medical care.
- Sustaining family structure by providing vocational training programs for women and men.
- Support provided to our partners providing Education for women and children